Breast Care Center
Breast anomalies can befall women at any age range. Phyathai 1 Breast Center has always been our top priority because we realize the importance of women’s health. Therefore, care is provided by the best specialist teams and facilities.
Why is Breast Care Important?
Awareness surrounding breast cancer is incredibly important as early detection can catch the disease when it is most treatable.
Regular breast examinations are the best way to detect changes in your breasts that could be signs of a severe health problem. As the years go by, your breasts will change. These changes are common. Many times, the changes are consistent with hormonal changes that occur with normal aging.
Regular examination will help you notice when something has changed in your breasts and enable you to detect any change at its earliest stage. As a result, specialists can diagnose the issue and develop appropriate testing and treatment protocols.
If the diagnosis is breast cancer, your doctor can treat it before it becomes life-threatening. In short, good breast care through regular examinations can be life-saving.
Breast Cancer Risk Factors
The main risk factors for breast cancer include getting older (most breast cancers are found in women ages 55 and older). Uncontrollable factors that may increase risk include personal/family history, race, breast density, and menstrual period history. In addition, having changes in certain breast cancer genes (BRCA1 and BRCA2) increases the risk of developing breast cancer.
Certain risk factors are lifestyle-related, including the use of birth control pills, hormone therapy after menopause, having children, drinking alcohol, being overweight or obese, and not being physically active. However, having one or several risk factors does not mean a woman will develop breast cancer. Women need to get familiar with all the risk factors so that they can lower the risks.
When to See a Doctor?
Most breast changes are not critical. Some might be caused by hormonal changes. You can also get infections and other diseases in your breasts that are not cancerous. But it’s important to see a doctor if you notice any breast changes to see if professional treatment is needed.
You should inform your doctor as soon as possible if you notice:
- A lump or lumps in one or both breasts
- Pain or tenderness
- Fluid leaking from a nipple (when you’re not making milk for breastfeeding)
- A nipple starts pulling in instead of poking out (becomes inverted)
- The skin of breast changes (such as turning red or puckered)
Why Phyathai 1?
Our Breast Center offers various invaluable expertise and technologies such as:
- Integrated Cancer Treatment Committee
Our MDT Team consists of a Medical team specialized in cancer, a team of radiologists, pathologists, nurses specialized in cancer, pharmacists, and psychologists, to set plans for individualized treatment guidelines for breast cancer patients, including a family doctor who specializes in cancer genetics. This is an important part of the surveillance of family members who are at risk of hereditary breast cancer.
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
Oncoplastic Breast Surgery is an advanced medical technology in necrosis trimming without effect the whole breast. The kind of breast surgery is a combination between breast cancer surgery and the application of cosmetic surgery. In the past, breast cancer surgery was direful because people expected their entire breast would be cut off which may cause women to lose their confidence. Therefore, The method of Oncoplastic Breast Surgery is the best alternative that could resolve the problem of both cancer treatment and breast shape maintenance.
- DSC (Standardized Breast Cancer Care System Certification Assessment)
Our facility has successfully passed the DSC (standardized breast cancer care system certification assessment.) Our first priority is to deliver the potential treatment and safe care to every patient, aiming for both a perfect quality of treatment for patients and better quality of life over an extended period.
Our Team of Specialists offer their comprehensive knowledge and expertise in extensive experience and research in breast care, breast cancer, breast cancer surgery, breast reconstruction and after care support to provide a complete patient-centered care.
- Digital Mammogram
- A mammogram is an X-ray exam of the breast used to detect and evaluate breast changes. Its detection ability depends on tumor size and breast tissue density.
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound is often used along with mammography for high-risk women who cannot undergo MRI and women with dense breast tissue.
- Breast MRI
- A breast MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) may be used to screen high-risk women and gather more information about a suspicious area found on a mammogram or an ultrasound.
- Breast CT Scan
- A CT scan can show whether breast cancer has spread to the lungs or liver. It can also show changes caused by other medical conditions.
- Breast Biopsy
- A biopsy is an outpatient procedure where your doctor uses a small needle to take tissue from part of your breast. The tissue is evaluated under a microscope. A biopsy is the only way to know for sure if the tissue is cancerous.
Phyathai 1 understands the value of every women’s life. We express our determination in every tiny detail. Thus, we also have a women specialist team who understand women’s feelings to tend to your need.
Hours of Operation: Every day from 8 AM – 5 PM
Location: Building 2, 1st Floor
Hours of Operation
Every day from 8 AM – 5 PM
Building 2, 1st Floor